01299 879140

Home » Business » Tip on foreign travelling expenses

Tip on foreign travelling expenses

H M Revenue & Customs (HMRC) has introduced a scale rate of expenses that Employers can pay for foreign travel tax and NI free which don’t require supporting receipts. The scale rates are different for each country and HMRC updated this list in October 2015.The new rules can be used for overseas trips made since 1 October 2014. Even when the actual cost incurred by an employee for an expense e.g an evening meal or hotel, was less than the scale rate, you can still pay the full amount tax and NI free.